There's nothing better than homemade pesto, well maybe homemade pesto with pili nuts!
Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes created a delectable Roasted Red Pepper + Kale Pili Pesto that goes great with just about everything. Below we share the recipe for the pesto and also a quick pasta lunch that is tasty and filling.
You can check out Sunday Morning Banana Pancakes original blog post HERE.
Roasted Red Pepper & Kale Pili Pesto
Makes 3 cups
- 2 cups jarred roasted red peppers with the juice & oil
- 1 bunch of kale
- 1/2 cup pili nuts
- 2 tsp salt
Optional: 1 package tofu noodles fettuccine style sprouts for topping
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and process until desired consistency is reached.
- If using a small processor, create pesto in 3 smaller batches
If Making the Pasta Lunch:
- Prepare tofu noodles according to package directions or boil regular noodles
- Drain & toss pasta/noodles with 1/2 cup to 1 cup of prepared pesto
- Top with 1/3 cup of sprouts
Use remaining pesto within 2-3 days or a week if a thin layer of olive oil is added to the top of the prepared pesto or freeze to use at a later date