The Castaway Kitchen created a fantastic recipe for Mediterranean Deviled Eggs that incorporates pili nut pesto! We're talking dairy free, paleo, keto, and Whole30 compliant goodness, all served up in an egg. Check out the original post here on The Castaway Kitchen's website and we've also shared the recipe below. Enjoy!
Mediterranean Deviled Eggs
- 12 hard boiled eggs
- 1/4 cup Paleo Pili Nut Pesto (see recipe below)
- 6 slices Salami, diced
- Green onion, to garnish
- Cut all your eggs in half and gently scoop out the egg yolks. Add the yolks to a large bowl.
- Add the pesto to the bowl and use a fork to mix and mash until the mix is green and smooth. Add more pesto to taste!
- Use a small spoon to add the green yolk mix back into the eggs.
- Top with diced salami and green onion. Enjoy!
Pili Nut Pesto
In your blender or food processor combine:
- 2 ounces basil leaves, about 2 cups
- 1 fist full of spinach or arugula
- 1/2 cup of carrot greens or parsley
- 1/2 cup of garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup of pili nuts
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 cup avocado oil