Easy, High Fat Chocolate Mousse Smoothie
I love this recipe as a recovery meal after my morning swims or occasionally as a satisfying dessert to share with my wife. To get that mousse-like texture, the key is to use a ripe avocado, coconut cream (not just straight coconut milk), and your protein powder. I recommend using a clean, chocolate whey powder.
- One small, ripe avocado
- 1-2 scoops of chocolate protein powder. I'm a fan of UCAN and Primal Kitchen Protein for this recipe.
- 1/3 can of coconut cream. About 5 ounces worth.
- 1.5 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- 3 ice cubes.
- A few shakes of pumpkin pie spice.
- 2 tbs Raw Cacao Expedition Pili Butter
Blend and top with cacao nibs and espresso powder if desired.